Return to In-Person School Covid Information
At this time, the school will resume in-person learning with limited distance. Effective, July 29, all students, employees, and visitors will wear a mask or face coverings indoors per CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings. The CDPH announced it is recommending universal masking in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status. This is in addition to the mandate that masks are required for unvaccinated individuals indoors in schools. Ridgeview has in place other safety measures that will also provide students and staff with a safe learning environment. Please help, by making sure you do a health check before coming to school.
- Students will self-screen prior to reporting to school and will stay home if sick or if feeling feverish.
- Students should bring their own masks to school, if a student does not have a mask, one will be provided by the school.
- Students will be required to wear a mask in all indoor areas on campus (all staff are required to follow these protocols as well). Masks are optional outdoors.
- Ridgeview has a Covid isolation room readily available if there is a student on campus exhibiting symptoms. The school nurse will notify parents of the next steps.
- If a student-athlete exhibits symptoms the nurse will be notified and she will notify parents of the next steps.
- If your students have a Chromebook or their own device still checked out to them, please return them to the library.
- If a student brings their own device, they should log on to the Kern High network while on campus (completing a parental permission BYOD form may be required).
- The cafeteria will be open during 4th and 5th lunch and all students will be able to receive a free lunch. No outside food or food deliveries will be allowed.
- Bus transportation will resume and routes can be found at https://ridgeview.kernhigh.org/ and select “Resources” and then choose “Bus Schedules'' from the drop-down menu.
- Students are required to wear face coverings on the bus.
The bus driver and students will be required to wear face coverings on the bus. Buses will be disinfected after each run.